International Vitamin Corporation (IVC) is a leading global manufacturer of vitamins and nutritional supplements with more than half a century of private label and contract manufacturing experience, an impeccable quality and regulatory compliance record, and with new resources focused on enriching the health and lives of others. We currently have an opening for a Setup Mechanic in our Philadelphia, Pennsylvania facility.
Responsible for maintaining all packaging equipment in good working order and upholds all GMP quality standards, plant safety and equipment operation the bottling production line. Requires thorough knowledge and understanding of all packaging equipment to support set-ups, changeovers, adjustments, minor repairs, and routine operations in accordance with company SOP’s and manufacturer's specifications
• Perform all Packaging Equipment line Set Ups and Change over
• Perform all necessary adjustments on Packaging equipment
• Evaluate condition of packaging equipment during set ups and report any needed repairs or excessive wear to Supervisor.
• Fill in positions on the line as needed
• Operate pallet jack to transport material
• Ability to perform a label change; with paperwork, returns, and line clean-up
• Responsible for process improvements
• Performs and directs all line cleanings and mechanical changeovers. Responsible for training and assisting other operators in the performance of line changeovers.
• Ensures proper cleanliness and assembly of all manufacturing equipment per the approved SOP.
• Responsible for maintaining a neat, clean and safe working environment at all times.
• Understands and adheres to all cGMP and FDA regulations.
• Identifies and reports any quality issues to supervisor or quality department.
• Understands and adheres to all Company policies, procedures, SOPs and Safety regulations.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Strong technical acumen and ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues
• Experience in GMP environment (Preferably in Pharmaceutical Industry)
• Team building skills and strong communication.
• Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
• Ability to understand basic math.
• Ability to follow SOPs and cGMPs, i.e., wearing appropriate clothing, beard covers, gloves, etc.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Must maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and develop skills.
• Ability to interact with other department Technicians, Schedulers, Product development and Information Services.
• The ability to work independently, within a production team and without supervision.
• Willingness to work overtime when needed.
• Develop and Coach operators as needed.
IVC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V – EOE