- 3 months experience in material handling, warehouse operations or similar in a manufacturing environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent
COMPUTER SKILLS – Capacity to perform basic computer transactions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY - Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, punctual, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Independence — Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Required to stand, and or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to push, pull, lift and move various weights limits in a safe manner.
- Ability to climb and balance on stools and ladders.
- Use of fingers and hands.
- Moderate to high levels of noise – requires awareness to surrounding due to equipment in use.
- Working environment may be dusty, oily and/or slippery.
- Slip-resistant or steel toe safety shoes are required.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Dust mask, gloves and goggles may be required in designated areas.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions, which are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.